Terms and Conditions
ECU Team’s warrants that all ECU Team’s manufactured and re-manufactured products will be free of any defect in materials or workmanship for the period of (1) year. Warranty begins from the date of shipment from a ECU Team’s facility. The warranty is extended to customers and applies to all ECU Team’s products purchased, installed, and used for the purpose for which such product was originally designed. The above warranties cover only defects arising under normal use and do not include malfunctions or failures resulting from misuse, abuse, neglect, alteration, problems with electrical power, usage not in accordance with product instructions, acts of nature, or improper installation or repairs made by anyone other than ECU Team’s or a ECU Team’s authorized third-party service provider. ECU Team’s reserves the right to substitute functionally equivalent new or serviceable used parts. test test
WARRANTY CLAIMS AND PROCEDURES
- During the applicable Standard Product Warranty Period outlined above, customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for any breach of the Standard Product Warranty will be, at ECU Team’s sole discretion and option, the repair or replacement of the defective product. Components that customer claims to be defective must be available to ECU Team for inspection and evaluation. To be entitled to rights under the Warranty Terms, the customer must notify ECU Team in writing within thirty (30) days after discovering a suspected defect in any product, but in any event prior to the expiration of the applicable Standard Product Warranty Period. Notice to a ECU Team dealer, systems integrator, sales representative or other third party is not notice to ECU Team. Following its receipt of any such customer notice, ECU Team will determine whether the reported problem is covered by this Standard Product Warranty. If ECU Team determines that the problem is covered, ECU Team will authorize repair or replacement of the defective product, as deemed appropriate by ECU Team in its sole discretion.
- Before shipping any product to ECU Team, the customer must obtain a written return authorization from ECU Team, and provide any proof of warranty eligibility requested by ECU Team. Any product received by ECU Team without a return authorization may, at ECU Team’s option, be returned to the customer collect. If a warranty replacement part is required, customer shall provide Purchase Order to ECU Team prior to shipment of the replacement, to guarantee the return of the rejected unit. Purchase Order is valid until suspected part is received and warranty is confirmed by assessment. Once a return authorization is obtained, the customer is responsible for packing and shipping the product/component to which its warranty claim relates to a service facility designated by ECU Team, within thirty (30) days after receipt of the return authorization. Upon receipt of replacement product (or part thereof), customer has thirty (30) days to tender the defective product (or part thereof) to the return carrier for shipment to the service center designated by ECU Team. If customer does not timely return the defective product (or part thereof), ECU Team shall invoice customer for the list price of such product (or part thereof), plus applicable shipping. Such failure to return the product (or part thereof) may, in ECU Team’s discretion, be grounds for termination of the warranty and/or suspension of any future advance exchange privileges until such outstanding defective product has been returned.
- ECU Team will provide customer with new, rebuilt, refurbished or alternate product (or part thereof) of equal or improved quality, as exchange product (or part thereof) to replace eligible defective product (or part thereof). Any alternate product (or part thereof) will meet or exceed the specifications of the replaced product (or part thereof). Rebuilt or refurbished product may bear cosmetic blemishes that do not affect performance. Unless otherwise specified by ECU Team in writing, repaired or replaced product (or parts thereof) are covered only for the remainder of the term of the applicable Standard Product Warranty. All defective products (or parts thereof) replaced by ECU Team become the property of ECU Team. ECU Team has no obligation to (i) service, exchange or otherwise replace any product (or part thereof) that has been damaged, modified, abused, misused or over-used as determined by ECU Team or has been used with non-ECU Team supplies or products that have caused damage or malfunction; (ii) paint, refinish, refurbish, restore or exchange any product (or part thereof) with cosmetic blemishes; (iii) service, exchange or otherwise replace any product (or part thereof) if the same would interfere with, impede or be redundant with normal or scheduled maintenance of such product (or part thereof); (iv) service, exchange or otherwise replace any product (or part thereof) that is within sixty (60) days of the end of its production life;ECU Team or (v) provide any 3rd party application software support or service involving application hardware or replace any accessories. If ECU Team elects to perform any such services at customer’s request, then such services will be deemed a service call and all labor, parts and materials used for the service call will be charged at ECU Team’s then – prevailing rates.
PRODUCT WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS
ECU Team does not warrant or guarantee, and is not responsible for:
- Defects, failures, damages or performance limitations caused in whole or in part by (A) power failures, surges, fires, floods, snow, ice, lightning, excessive heat or cold, highly corrosive environments, accidents, actions of third parties, or other events outside of ECU Team’s control, or (B) customer’s abuse, mishandling, misuse, negligence, improper storage, servicing or operation, or unauthorized attempts to repair or alter the product in any way. Customer must provide qualified technical personnel to maintain and repair the product.
- Alterations and/or Modifications to any part of ECU Team’s product, without ECU Team’s written authorization unconditionally VOIDS the ECU Team Standard Warranty. Product built to customer’s specifications that are later found not to meet customer’s needs or expectations.
- The performance of the product when used in combination with product not purchased, specified, or approved by ECU Team.
- Batteries and other consumable goods.
- Wearable items, such as tooling, cables, part harnesses, contacts etc.
ADDITIONAL WARRANTY NOTES
- OEM or third-party product that is incorporated into ECU Team product is covered under the applicable ECU Team Standard Product Warranty unless the OEM or Third-Party product carries its own limited warranty, in which event the OEM or third-party warranty will apply to such product incorporated into ECU Team product. For example and not limitation: motors, drives, keys are OEM products that have a limited 1 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Items Sold As Resale. Items sold as resale are such items that are not manufactured by ECU Team but may be utilized in conjunction with or independently of ECU Team manufactured product (such as computers, printers and soldering product) and shall be covered only by the specific warranty terms of the supplier or original product manufacturer of those items.
The ECU Team Warranty applies to the original purchaser, and is not transferable. Used product. IF THE product SPECIFIED IN AN ORDER IS DESCRIBED AS USED, UNLESS OTHERWISE AGREED IN WRITING BY THE PARTIES, IT IS SOLD “AS IS” AND WITH NO WARRANTY.
- APPLICABILITY. These Global Terms and Conditions of Sale (“Terms”) apply to the purchase of products and ancillary services (collectively the “Products”) by seller (“Seller”) and the buyer (“Buyer”), each of which is identified in the accompanying quotation, credit application, proposal, order acknowledgement, or invoice (the “Sales Confirmation”). These Terms and the Sales Confirmation comprise the entire agreement between the parties (collectively, the “Agreement”). Buyer accepts these Terms by signing and returning Seller’s quotation, by sending a purchase order in response to the quotation, or by Buyer’s instructions to Seller to ship the Product. No terms, conditions or warranties other than those identified in the quotation and no agreement or understanding, oral or written, in any way purporting to modify the terms and conditions whether contained in Buyer’s purchase order or shipping release forms, or elsewhere, shall be binding on Seller unless hereafter made in writing and signed by Seller’s authorized representative. Buyer is hereby notified of Seller’s express rejection of any terms inconsistent with this Agreement or to any other terms proposed by Buyer in accepting Seller’s quotation. Neither Seller’s subsequent lack of objection to any terms, nor the delivery of the products or services, shall constitute an agreement by Seller to any terms.
- CANCELLATION. Cancellation or modifications of all or part of any order are subject to Seller’s prior written consent in each instance. If cancellation or modification is allowed, Buyer agrees to pay to Seller all expenses incurred and damage sustained by Seller on account of the cancellation or modification, plus a reasonable profit.
- PRICE. Prices in any Sales Confirmation from Seller are subject to change upon notice sent to Buyer at any time before the Sales Confirmation has been accepted. Prices for Products covered by this Agreement may be adjusted by Seller, upon notice to Buyer at any time prior to shipment, to reflect any increase in Seller’s cost of raw materials (e.g., computer modules, parts) incurred by Seller after issuance of the applicable Sales Confirmation. All stated prices are exclusive of any taxes, fees, duties, and levies, however designated or imposed, including but not limited to value-added and withholding taxes that are levied or based upon the amounts paid under this Agreement (collectively, “Taxes”). Any Taxes related to the Products purchased pursuant to this Agreement are the responsibility of Buyer (excluding taxes based on Seller’s net income), unless Buyer presents an exemption certificate acceptable to Seller and the applicable taxing authorities. If possible, Seller will bill Taxes as a separate item on the invoice presented to Buyer. If any exemption certificate presented by Buyer is held to be invalid, then Buyer will pay Seller the amount of the Tax and any penalties and interest related thereto.
- PAYMENT. Unless otherwise set forth in the Sales Confirmation, Buyer will pay all invoiced amounts within thirty (30) days following the date of Seller’s invoice. Unpaid amounts will accrue interest at a rate equal to the lesser of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month and the maximum rate permitted by applicable law, from due date until paid, plus Seller’s reasonable costs of collection. Seller reserves all other rights granted to a seller under the Uniform Commercial Code (“UCC”) for Buyer’s failure to pay for the Products or any other breach by Buyer of these Terms. In addition to all other remedies available to Seller (which Seller does not waive by the exercise of any rights hereunder), Seller may suspend the delivery of any Products if Buyer fails to pay any amounts when due and the failure continues for five (5) days following Buyer’s receipt of notice thereof. Buyer may not withhold payment of any amounts due and payable as a set-off of any claim or dispute with Seller, regardless of whether relating to Seller’s breach, bankruptcy, or otherwise.
(a) Seller will deliver the Products within a reasonable time after receiving Buyer’s purchase order, subject to their availability. The delivery date provided by Seller for the Products is only an estimate and is based upon prompt receipt of all necessary information from Buyer. If Buyer causes Seller to delay shipment or completion of the Products, Seller will be entitled to any and all extra costs and expenses resulting from the delay. Seller will not be liable for any delays, loss, or damage in transit, and failure to deliver within the time estimated will not be a material breach of contract on Seller’s part.
(b) Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties, Seller will deliver the Products, EXW (Incoterms® 2010) at the location specified in the Sales Confirmation (the “Delivery Location”), using Seller’s standard methods for packaging and shipping same. Buyer will take delivery of the Products within three (3) days of Seller’s notice that the Products have been delivered to the Delivery Location. If Buyer fails to take delivery of the Products within this three (3) day period Buyer will pay Seller for the Products and all storage expenses incurred by Seller. Seller may, in its sole discretion, without liability or penalty, make partial shipments of Products to Buyer. Each shipment will constitute a separate sale, and Buyer will pay for the units shipped whether the shipment is in whole or partial fulfillment of Buyer’s purchase order. Buyer is responsible for obtaining any import licenses and other consents required for a Product shipment at its own expense, and will provide the licenses and consents to the Seller before shipment.
(c) The quantity of any installment of the Products, as recorded by Seller on the dispatch from Seller’s place of business, is conclusive evidence of the quantity received by Buyer upon delivery, unless Buyer provides conclusive evidence to the contrary. Seller will not be liable for any non-delivery of the Products to the Delivery Location, unless Buyer gives written notice to Seller of the non-delivery within five (5) days following the date that Buyer would, in the ordinary course of business, have received the Products. Seller’s liability for any non-delivery of the Products will be limited to replacing the Products within a reasonable time or adjusting the invoice for the Products to reflect the actual quantity delivered.
TITLE; RISK OF LOSS.
(a) Risk of loss or damage passes to Buyer passes upon delivery to the carrier. If Buyer fails to accept delivery of any of the Products on the date set forth in Seller’s notice that Seller has delivered the Products to the Delivery Location, or if Seller is unable to deliver the Products to the Delivery Location on the date because Buyer has failed to provide appropriate instructions, documents, licenses, or authorizations, then: (i) risk of loss to the Products will pass to Buyer; (ii) the Products will be deemed to have been delivered to Buyer; and (iii) Seller, at its option, may store the Products until Buyer takes possession of them, at which time Buyer will be liable for all costs and expenses resulting from the failure (including but not limited to the cost of storage and insurance).
(b) Title passes to Buyer upon Buyer’s payment in full for the Products.
- CHANGES. Seller reserves the right to alter, modify, or redesign its products without any obligation to replace previous shipments to Buyer.
- WARRANTY. All the warranty terms and conditions could be found by the following link: https://ecuteam.com/warranty-terms/
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION. As soon as Seller receives the confirmation from the bank of any disputed transaction from the Buyer, the Seller will automatically charge the Buyer half (50%) of the amount paid by invoice with NO refund in any way. Any disputed transaction entails extra expenses and resources for the Seller in order for the case to be resolved, therefore Seller is allowed to deduct the appropriate amount from the Buyers payment method (e.g. credit card, debit card, bank account). After reviewing the disputed transaction by one of authorized person on Seller’s side, the confirmation with all the proof will be provided to the Merchant Services and being reviewed by the bank. Verdict of the bank will be the final conclusion. In addition to the disputed transaction, Buyer’s warranty will be permanently voided no matter of the warranty period.
- SERVICE AND LABOR. Any service or labor provided by the Seller is NOT refundable.
- REFUND. Refund could be issued back to the Buyer only after agreement with Seller and only Seller is liable to issue refund within reasonable time frames. The refund might not be issued immediately. Buyer must explain to the Seller the reason of the refund and confirm with relevant proof (e.g. diagnosis report, video) with time and date confirmation. Seller must issue the refund to the Buyer following by Global Terms of Sale except 30% Restocking Fee. Time, Labor and Software Fees must be compensated. In case of unauthorized dispute, the terms of item (9) will be applied as stated. Seller (ECU Team Corp) is NOT responsible for any of Buyer’s extra cost involved during the process of getting the product or service done of any type.
- CORE-CHARGE. Core-Charge is a fee that equals $350 to any item that originally belongs to the Buyer and becomes ECU Team Corp (Seller) property after successful transaction of getting a “Re-Manufactured”/”Re-Conditioned”/”Re-Newed” control unit of any type. Core-Charge is only applied when Buyer is requesting Original Item being returned for any reason.
- DIAGNOSTIC FEE. Diagnostic Fee applies only in case of cancellation. Seller (ECU Team Corp) is providing Free of Charge Diagnostic procedure on any control module only in case of Buyer agrees to accept Seller’s offer of any type. Only in case of successful agreement between 2 (two) parties Diagnostic Fee is NOT going to be applied. In case of Cancellation, the terms of item (2) will be applied as stated. Diagnostic Fee is equal to $100, including shipping not faster then 3 Business Days.
Who we are?
Our website address is: https://ecuteam.com.
We offer products and services for automotive control modules.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it?
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with?
We do not share any data with any third parties. Information owned by ECU Team Corp belongs to us only and NOT shared with others.
How long we retain your data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data?
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data?
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Your contact information is displayed on your profile page and is visible to other users. You can edit your contact information at any time by logging into your account.
How we protect your data?
We protect any user data using the most reliable SSL Encryption and other security settings and software implemented on these website.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled and may affect the users experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By logging to their account and edit personal data
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
Unsubscribe from receiving emails:
You can unsubscribe from receiving emails at any time by clicking “Unsubscribe” button on the very end of the email.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.